Thursday, July 11, 2024

Wednesday

I did, indeed, change the bed. Finished that up, then filed some of the never-ending paper work. Called SCAN to complain about the wrong pickup place problem and left a message. Ordered turmeric and calcium citrate from Amazon. Called Groendyke home insurance to ask why Orchid (their subsidiary or something) said wouldn't be renew my home owners insurance after July 31. Talked to account rep Maureen M., with whom I've dealt before and found that the inspector had put down the house was owner occupied.  What? I haven't lived there for eight years; policy should sat it's tenant occupied, as it has been. Maureen will take care of it and, incidentally, I've always found Maureen to be the epitome of courtesy and professional know-how, unlike the idiot at SCAN. 

I called her--"Evelyn"--as I have several times before, as her grandiose title is "Grievance and Appeals Coordinator." After one of the complaints from yours truly, I received two almost identical two-page letters, one on May 10 and one on June 10. The letters were semi-literate and almost incomprehensible.  I assume the point of both was that the problem was resolved, but obviously, it wasn't and hasn't. When I called, I got a recording from Evelyn herself to leave a message and frankly, she sounds like an incompetent ninny.    

Stella texted, asking if I could go to the botanic gardens either today or tomorrow. Yes, today--the gardens are above city hall, which is where we'll meet at 11:00, then do a little hike up the hills, then go to what she calls "brunch." (For me, it will be lunch, but she always gets breakfast at noon or after.)

My darling granddaughter, Violet is 16 today.  She'll be here tomorrow, as I've mentioned before; Ellen will pick her up at LAX and we'll take her to dinner for her birthday on Saturday. I Messaged her mother, Paula, for a suggestion for a gift and she mentioned jewelry, so I bused to town after lunch and picked up a pretty necklace:

And here's the birthday girl, all cleaned up after Mongolia: 

Can't wait to see her!


No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...