Thursday, February 23, 2023

Worrisome Wednesday

I guess I'm not too worried, but I wish this damn knee thing would go away. I called to make an appointment with my primary and will go at 4:00 today. Called the Access Van to take me there and back. My knee improves when I walk on it, although it's stiff and sore when I first get up. It isn't red, swollen, or warm, so I hope that means it isn't a blood clot. From looking it up, I'm beginning to think it's arthritis. 

Margarita picked me up at 12:45 and we went off to Santa Paula. It was terrifically windy, which had been predicted and is supposed to be very cold (for here), plus will rain* on Friday. Ugh, ugh, double ugh--that, plus the knee, means I can't get out on my usual excursions. 

We had burritos at a Mexican restaurant, and I had a Modelo (Mexican beer). Margarita has some physical problems--some kind of a hyper-thyroid thing, for one--but she's slender and not unattractive. She's 73 or 4. We had some good conversation, although so far, I don't know her well enough to feel particularly close. I'm not sure I ever will, frankly. Unlike with Diane, Vickie, and a few others, there doesn't seem to be much of a rapport, but maybe later. I asked if she was going to the BCNN meeting next Wednesday--she is and will pick me up.

Got home about 3:30 and again, took a nap (I don't want to get into that habit, though). I called Ellen after; I was a little worried about her driving home in the wind. She was in okay, though, and, as she has arthritis herself, sort of reinforced the idea it's that. I guess I'll find out later today--or not.  

*But Zeus must not have gotten the message, as i's now 6:25 am on Thursday and it's raining like crazy. I fervently hope it stops before I have to go to my appointment. 

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I wonder if a Baker's cyst is forming. If Arthritis is present ...no surprise and can be managed. Glad you got an appt so quickly. BTW, do you have Urgent Care Centers there when your primary isn't available?

Mimi said...

Pat, yes, there are urgent care centers here, but I've never used one. When I called Primary Medical, I said, "I'd like to see Dr. L. today" and got the appointment for 4:00. Maybe she works only until then or maybe it was just a slow day. If she wasn't available, wouldn't another doctor in the practice see me?

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...