Sunday, February 12, 2023

Saturday And Mimi, The Tax Expert

HA! That's what Jim seems to think I am. He called me about 9:30 (a.m., of course--nobody who values his life would call me at 9:30 p.m.) asking again what Michelle, my actual tax accountant, would charge to do his. I had no idea said I'd ask her, but in talking, I realized that Jim expected to take somebody a bunch of income documentation and have him or her assemble, categorize, and record the numbers. I had already sent him the 2022 instructions that Michelle sends out and that ain't the way it works, at least not with Michelle. I said I'd call her, I did, she said she'd do him--oops, his return 😜--for  a hundred and fifty bucks. She also said he could do it himself on the IRS website and that AARP also has a free service. I had already told him about the Agency on Aging, who does it free and he said "they don't know what they're doing." That was based on his having somebody do it there years ago. Anyway, I invited him for lunch today and got out some of my 2021 return to illustrate. 

Had a quick light lunch, then bused to the Regency to meet Diane at 1:00. We were both early, so had time to chat in the lobby (there are benches) beforehand. We made a date for Saturday, the 25th, to go to the museum for a talk and book discussion on early Ventura. Rincon is a well-know surfer's area; I've often walked The Promenade in front of it: 

The movie was The Whale, which was pretty intense. Brenden Fraser played an incredible role and Diane and I both enjoyed it--different, to say the least. Diane took Lyft home and I bused, although it was windy and when we got out of the movie after 3:00, it had gotten a lot cooler. However, I got the 10 home, so that was good.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...