Saturday, February 25, 2023

Phooey On Friday

Because it was raining in sheets! I actually wore boots and took an umbrella to T.O.P.S. There were five of us and, as Lennie had asked last week, I brought my little "before and after in verse" game. I distribute pictures of the same people, before and after they lost an enormous amount of weight, then  recite a little rhyme related to them. Those who have the pictures, before or after, that correspond to the particular verse, put them on the table, then pass them around. They all said they enjoyed it. Here are three of the six:

Couples who marry/May share their fates/But they should never/Load up their plates.

An undergarment black and sheer/Is sexy as can be/But fitting in one leg of jeans/Is even more, you see. 

Butterflies are nice to wear/On your tummy or in your hair/And even better than a beanie/Is a sexy black bikini.

And so on for three more. I have another set, which I'll do at a  meeting sometime in the future. 

As for my own weight, 'tis a puzzlement: At home, I lost 1.2, weighing in at 128; at T.O.P.S., I gained .09 at 129.3. No, I don't understand it and I don't really care--much. We'll see what happens next week.

Got home, had breakfast, and it was still pouring down. Since I didn't want to go out, I decided to spend the day on food prep and that's what I did. First, I looked in my recipe files and chose pickled beets, turkey stir-fry, and garlic mushrooms. The only drawback was I didn't have a lot of the ingredients, so I put on my boots, took my umbrella, and braved the storm to go over to Von's to get what I needed. As recommended, I roasted the beets in the oven, but then realized I had overlooked peppercorns. Okay, I'll finish them today. I also didn't have the fresh thyme and parsley the mushrooms called for, so substituted dried; also used red wine instead of white (didn't have any of the latter open), and added turmeric to everything. Cooked up some chocolate pudding, too, with a view to having Jim over for lunch today. 

While doing this, I called Bobbi and we chatted. She's back from the hospital after her a-fib experience, so I hope will be back at T.O.P.S. next week. Called Diane and we had a good talk. We decided to skip our excursion today (still raining) and go somewhere for lunch tomorrow.  We'll both look for a place we haven't been before. 

Called Jim and he may or may not come for lunch. He was apprehensive about the weather, so I just old him to call me about 11:00 to see if he wants to brave it. 

I didn't feel even a twinge of the arthritis yesterday after just some stiffness getting out of bed, so that's good. Right now (6:15 AM), it's slightly stiff, but I think that will ease as I move around.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...