Monday, February 27, 2023

Satisfying Sunday

Sunday crossword was good. Got absorbed in it, then dressed to meet Diane for lunch at the Vietnamese restaurant.  I hadn't picked up my mail of Saturday, so on the way to Telephone (I walk the mile and a bit there, then get the bus), I did. Hey, it was nice to get a postcard from Mike and Paula and it took only two months to get here:


We got to Pho Gyu Noodle House, but unfortunately, it's closed on Sundays--dunno why.  I suggested the Stone Fire Grille; was surprised Diane had never been there and that's where we went.  I'm there twice a month with Soaring Spirits, so was able to suggest some favorites. She liked it a a lot, as I do.

We were there talking for almost two hours. She isn't familiar with Messaging--thought it was the same as texting--and I showed her the exchanges I had recently had with two nephew. After, I  put my phone back only to hear, a minute later, voices from my purse. Ha--I had accidently videoed both Wes, Betty's son in Chicago, and Patrick, Frank's son in Cleveland. We laughed over that.

We finally go up and got the 11 together. I got off at Victoria, as I wanted to go to The Market, Diane continuing on to her place. Picked up green peppers and tissues, then bused home.

Once I got in, I made the pickling for the beets I had roasted on Saturday. It's easy enough, just messy dealing with beets. Also put the ingredients together for my dinner of salmon roasted in parchment. Good? Oh, yes, indeedy.  

Darn, it's supposed to rain again today. I may have to stay in and do something productive--a fate worse than death--instead of going out, but I'll see what I can do to avoid  it.  😁

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...