Monday, February 20, 2023

So This Was Sunday--

Stripped the bed, washed the sheets, and re-made, my regular Sunday routine. I also dusted and mopped the hard floors and washed the throw rugs. Suzanne stopped in to chat and to give me some greeting cards; she says she gets a lot from various charities and can't use them all. She also gave me a group of  recipes from U.S. first ladies. Chester Arthur's wife made something I'm just dying to try: Rhode Island eels 😁. 

Prepared lunch for Jim and me.  He was a little earlier than his usual 12:30, but told me there were no spots left in general parking, so he had to park on Hill Street. As ever, we sat and chatted before sitting down to the garlic chicken pasta. I had some good rolls, too, the ones Vickie had brought a few months ago. I stowed the leftovers in the freezer and they were as good as new. I'm glad I read years ago that storing bread in the fridge makes it hard. I never do now; always put it in the freezer, then take it out a day ahead. 

We had an okay time, but the usual: me holding forth on everything under the sun and Jim often having to be prompted to say something. Of course, he was busy eating, too. There were three slices of orange cake; Jim ate two and I told him to take the other one home. Walked him out when he left about 3:00.

I got a Message from my nephew, Patrick, asking if I had a copy of this picture of my father and his track team at Villanova, c. 1919:

Dad is standing second from left. I always thought of him as big and tall, but these things are relative, of course. Yes, he was considerably taller than my mother, but she was only five feet.

Anyway, I researched it on this blog--which comes in very handy in situations like this. I saw that I had had a disk made of this picture and one of my Dad on the debating team and had lent it to Patrick's brother, Jim, who eventually sent it back, but put it on the cloud, so it can be accessed, I guess, by any of us (run-on sentence, do you think?).

Today, Vickie and I are taking Suzanne to Rincon for lunch for her birthday. Tonight, I have dinner with Soaring Sprits--not sure, though, if I won't to eat out twice in a day--I'll decide after lunch.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...