Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Movin' Monday

I've been reflecting lately on why I've been going up in weight and it didn't take much reflection. I've been ignoring my insights and ideas about maintaining lately and without going into any more depth, I resolved to go back to them. Did so successfully yesterday. 

Called Nancy  in the  morning and we had a good talk. She still barely goes out and almost never on her own. She has a dermatologist appointment in Oxnard next month and her son will drive her there. I conceived the idea of having her, Diane, and Noreen over, maybe this Saturday, for Happy Hour. I have some cranberry meatballs left and the sangria is waiting. Both are in the freezer and I'll just add a few nibbles. This will be entirely separate from H.H. with Suzanne and Vickie. I like them both a lot, but their life experiences are so different from mine and my other friends. Besides, they don't drink and our social sessions are more like sweet little old ladies getting together for afternoon tea. Anyway, I'll contact the three who do.

To that end, I rigged my little cart and bused to town, then walked to the Market, about a mile. Bought a few things, then bused to Main Street, which I walked. It was very quiet, unlike when it gets near the weekend. Anyway, I stopped in a few places--bought some coasters and the following, which I desperately needed:

Yes, they're cupcake holders with feet. 

They're a necessity for every household, I believe, and the fact that we didn't have them when I was growing up explains my twisted personality. I bought six of them. I thought you actually baked the cupcakes in them, but now I'm not so sure. Would they really hold up in the oven? Or maybe they just hold completed cupcakes? I'll have to research the subject.

Had my lunch at my usual place next to Peirano's; it was cool, but the wind had died down and it was comfortable. Got the 10 home. Called Sharon. She's been released from rehab and therapists now work with her at home. However, she still can barely walk; uses a  wheelchair most of the time and still has pain in her legs. Ominously, she has gained two pounds back of the 58 she lost. I hope this won't continue, but fear it might.  

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...