Sunday, February 19, 2023

Such A Saturday!

Because--DAMN! I had written out quite a bit and somehow erased it all! Don't know how I did it and couldn't bring up the "redo" thing to bring it back. Don't feel like going into another long narrative, so I'll just quickly run over my day: Went to The Market near the transit center to get Nori (seaweed wafers), which they haven't had lately at The Market near me. Found a place to have my lunch (packed from home): believe it or not, at Community Memorial Hospital. There, they have a nice shaded terrace with tables and chairs--foliage, too. Probably for patients and employees, but nobody seemed to care and I enjoyed it.

Home, I wrote granddaughter Violet a letter which included several pics of her ancestors. I hadn't yet had the following colorized, so didn't send that, but will later.

These are my paternal grandparents, Thomas and Elizabeth (Hughes) Byrne and this is their wedding portrait. It's funny how old he seemed to me when I first saw this picture; now I know they were both in their twenties, he a few years older than his bride. She was born in Ireland, he here (Pennsylvania). I never actually saw either, nor did I my other grandparents; they all died before I was born.

Called Jim and invited him for lunch today. I fear he's getting more and more confused--there are lots of signs. We talked a bit, then I ran over to Von's and bought a Viola! frozen meal, which we  both like. I'll serve it with rolls and orange cake for dessert. Wine for him and beer for me, too, of course. 

Mail for Mike included a biggie from Bank of America, so I video-messaged him after dinner. It turned out he had already addressed it, so I just chatted with him, Paula, and Violet. It was 9:00 am, their time.
Speaking of my dear boy, here's a picture he posted on Facebook. They met at UCSB and they dated first 36 years ago; they've been together ever since. I love this picture--and the two in it, of course:
💘💘💘💘

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Wonderful photos. Like you I never met my grandparents.
Mike and Paula are a very good looking couple.

Mimi said...

Thank you, Patti-Cake! Do you have pictures of your grandparents? I have some of great-grands, back in Ireland on one side and Germany on the other.

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...