Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Tedious Tuesday

My knee is still bothering me, but was slightly better yesterday. I took another tablet and that seemed to help. I didn't do a lot, but managed to walk over to Von's, taking my cart. Got a fair amount of veggies, including cauliflower and, later, roasted it with mayo/parm dressing, which is so delish. 

Sent the photos from our little birthday lunch to Suzanne and Vickie. PMed Carolyn with the pics of our visit to Betty; C. wrote back appreciatively. Julie called, finally back from her three week cruise to Hawaii. She said that was too long to be on a ship (though of course, there were shore excursions) and I heartily agree. She won't be at T.O.P.S. on Friday because she'll be on yet another trip, this time to Arizona. She wanted to know if I wanted her to pick me up for the BCNN meeting on March 1, but I told her I think Margarita will. Speaking of--I texted her to be sure we're still on for lunch in Santa Paula today and yes, we are. Now I'm not so sure; I may have to call the doctor about my knee and skip lunch. 

Did a jigsaw of Mike and Paula having lunch about 15 years ago at the top of one of the fabulous hotels in Singapore. I've been there myself and loved it.


Mike PMed, asking me to do something with something when or if some somebodies' call about some project of his. Yes, mysterious, but it isn't that big of a deal and, of course, I agreed. 

My brother, Larry, from Florida called. He said he came across some St. James memorabilia from twenty or thirty years ago. It seems there are Dominicans teaching at a school in Indiantown near him,  two of whom had taught at St. James. He took the material to them and, he said, they were thrilled to see it and him. My nephew, Wes, may have been attending when they were there and I gave Larry Wes'es phone number. 

I took a nap, which I had intended to be only twenty or so, but forgot to set the phone alarm, so it must have been about an hour.  Hope it doesn't interfere with my sleep (I'm writing this at 6 pm on Tuesday.)

Later: Now it's Wednesday, 5:13 am: I slept straight through, which is good, but what wasn't so good is the fact that last night, everything went black as I sat down for my daily dose of television about 8:45. That is, the electricity went off. Luckily, I have two flashlights and a small lantern, plus that wasn't much earlier than I go to bed, so I was okay. It's on now and let's hope it stays on.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...