Saturday, February 11, 2023

Frightful Friday

 ...because bad news on the weight front: Home, I was up .06 to 131.2, but at T.O.P.S., I saw a horrendous increase of 2.1 pounds, to 132.1--AAGH! Okay, I'm going to work on it.

Didn't get breakfast until 10:30, after which I packed my lunch, took my cart, and walked to Telephone, then bused to Office Depot. Pourquoi? Because my thick black toner was low: I had bought a new one last week, so went to put it in. I opened the box, removed it from the plastic, and was puzzled to see the plastic stuff to be removed looked different. However, oblivious as a baby raccoon, I just assumed the shape was modified--until I glanced at the box and saw it was a 250, not 225, which my printer uses-- AAGH again! But Office Depot did, indeed, take it back and give me a full refund of $20.46. Once more, I had "rewards" on my account, so the new ink cost me only $2.79. 

After that, I didn't feel like going into town, so bused to the transit center/mall. Stopped at the store across the street and got a small thermos. At T.O.P.S., I had mentioned the potatoes ala Herbes de province I had made, so I decided I'd bring enough to next meeting so everybody could have a taste. Also bought a game (Taboo), thinking some of my guests might like to play. Ate my lunch at the mall, hardly a shady retreat, but I was hungry; bused home from there. 

I'm not sure I want to go to the succulent and other plant sale today. I'm meeting Diane for the movie at 1:30 and if I go to Dudley House and buy anything, I'll have to take it home first. I had given Suzanne notice of the sale, but she hasn't said if she wants to go or not. I don't want to ask because she might feel she should, so she can take me. Hmm...dunno...

Ellen called about 5:00 on her way home from work and we had a good talk. It's always a high point of any day to talk with her, so that "frightful" label is happily inaccurate.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...