Tuesday, February 07, 2023

Marvelous Monday

Maybe not marvelous, but an enjoyable day. I left early--about 10:00--and walked to the bank at Telephone and Victoria. Got some cash (walking around money, as we used to call it), then down to The Market when I got a Valentine card for my precious little grandson (who turned 41 last month😊). 

From there, I hopped the 11 bus to the Barnes & Noble shopping center. That's where the Stone Fire Grille is, but I was much too early for the Soaring Spirits lunch, so I browsed in B & N. Bought a little Jumble Puzzle book; I do these every day in the paper along with the crossword, so thought I'd enjoy more. 

I then stopped into Michael's and bought (I should be ashamed to admit this!) two silicon ice cube makers, in the shapes of Santa and Christmas trees. This,  after I donated a slew of Christmas crapola to the thrift store a month ago! But they're cute and they were on sale and I bought them--so there!

By that time, it was almost noon, so I went over to Stone Fire Grille. When I walked in, I was delighted to see my old friend, Barbara Quaid. She hadn't attended for at least two years and we fell on each other arms. Barb retired recently as CEO of the Ventura Fairgrounds and says she just doesn't know what to do with herself. Hmm... 

She and I sat together, along with Renee and Kim and did we have a great time talking. We ranged over pickleball, suicide, widowhood, militarism, pacifism, family, and the MIC. It was so refreshing and we were there for three hours. I finally said goodbye; decided to stop in to Lassen's to see if Greg was working and I walked the mile there. It turned out he was and I stayed to chat for ten or so. Bought a bottle of Herbes de Provence,* which I've been wanting to try, and will buy potatoes to roast with them. Bused to the transit center and from there home on the 10.

Ellen called on her way home just to chat and that was, as ever, a high point of the day.  

*For 0.6--not 6, but 0.6, not even an ounce, it was eight bucks. Oh, well, easy come, even easier go...

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...