Friday, February 10, 2023

Here And There Thursday

After breakfast, I knew I had a bunch of "paperwork" things to do, but champion procrastinator that I, I managed to overlook them and started polishing silver. I used to have more, including a coffee, sugar, and creamer, with large and ornate platter, but that I gave away. I also sold my mother's silverware set, which I now regret. However, it wasn't starling, just silver-plate and was getting worn.  Now I have only four small pieces and haven't used them for years--I think since I moved to California. Anyway, talking about new and old Dads (and Pat's prize as newest parent) lead me to get them out and polish them. The little dish from 62-years-ago came out very nicely: 
After that and a few other chores, I finally turned my attention to my lease. Good grief, there are 75 pages and I had to electronically initial and sign all. Had to call the office with questions, but finally got it done. I'm not even going to bother to print it out; I'll just leave it on the laptop.

After, I packed a lunch, took my cart, and walked to the post office to mail the Jersey boys' Valentines, then bused to town. Ate at my nice spot across from the mission and enjoyed it so much. The weather was wonderful--up to 75 and sunny, my favorite. I checked out a few stores and, at The Coalition, I bought four wine glasses and four placemats. Do I need them? No, and I'll donate the overabundance of both I already have, but I just wanted a new, springy look.

Home about 3:30 and I finally got in touch with Tonya N., of Little Egg Theatre Company, asking for some info on setting up dinner theatres LETCO has done (I was in two of them). I want to let Sharon know.

Made the roasted potatoes with herbes de provence, and had some, plus fresh salmon and spinach for dinner--a  delish-e-oso meal. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...