Friday, February 03, 2023

Thoroughly Enjoyable Thursday

True to my vow NOT,  under any circumstances, to go out--or at least not on one of my frequent all-afternoon jaunts--I got a lot accomplished. For one, I cleared out, wiped down, and rearranged the pantry. I sign when I think of the walk-in pantry in my house--this is essentially four short and shallow shelves next to the window. However, it took a while to finish and now it looks good. 

In addition, I made a batch of sangria, simply because I found a mix for it; you just add wine and water and freeze it slush. I can't even remember where I got it, but it was certainly when I lived in Jersey. I also found now fewer than three bottles of catsup--and this another in the fridge which I just bought to cut my cocktail sauce! This goes along with the four bottles of dishwashing detergent (not for the dishwasher) and the three olive oil spray containers. The problem is, I can't find the ones I already have, assume I need them, and buy more. Okay, not at least, I'll know.

I used the "patient portal" to nag Primary Medical about the directive telling me to "continue Calcium citrate," when I never did that that. Annoying. I put some paper work in order and will file today. I did a few other chores, then took my cart to Von's, where I got broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts, as well as a few other things. Stopped at Lalo's to get takeout menus, as Diane and I will eat there before the show tonight. (I'm writing this at 4:15 pm on Thursday; will top it off tomorrow.)

Now it's Friday: Had a very good time last night. Walked over to Lalo's at 5:00 to find Diane already there. I just opted for basics--spaghetti and meatballs, plus a Blue Moon--and we had a leisurely meal, as the play didn't start until 7:30. Good thing we had that much time: The Lyft driver whom Diane had arranged to pick us up was very nice, but from from China and his English was so rudimentary he seemed to have just gotten off the boat. We got in--nice van--and started out. I thought it was odd that he turned left off Hill Street, since the collage is in the opposite direction. When he continued on, I asked him to pull into the upcoming Kimball Street Mall. He finally did and after a great deal of confusion, we discovered that Diane had provided the wrong address on Loma Vista. It was finally straightened out, we got to the show and had wonderful seats. Why? Because Diane's neuropathy requires that she uses a special walker, and found a special, elevated area for the disabled. I often have trouble seeing over people's heads and this was ideal.

The show was good. It was uneven in spots, as amateur shows often are (but not Fractured Actors productions, of course, they're always perfect😁). Gomez, the main male character, was just fantastically terrific and it was very entertaining. 

The Access Van took a while to pick us up--we knew it would--but that was okay; we were able to sit in the lobby and see some of the actors come out, get flowers, kiss and hug, and it was so good to be there. 
But good grief, I didn't get home until ALMOST ELEVEN and to bed after that! Dirty stay-out, that's what I am, and glad of it.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...