Thursday, January 21, 2021

Wednesday

Sharon called in the morning and we talked for some time. She and her entire extended family all had COVID--there are seven or eight in the household--but all recovered. She herself has serious health issues--severe diabetes, kidney and vision problems--exacerbated, certainly by her excess poundage of 150 or so. She hasn't been back to T.O.P.S. for eight or nine months now; doesn't go out.

Jim also called in the morning, in response to my email about COVID registration and lets-have-lunch. We chatted for fifteen or so and yes, he'll be here at 1:00. Naturally, we'll sit in the middle a distance away from each other. 

After lunch, I actually bestirred myself to clean the sink and stove, plus do a few other household chores. I had enough of that shortly, though, and since I was kept in by the wind on Tuesday, I was anxious to get out. Decided to go out to the park and little library and:

This is the path I often walk to the park and the little lending library (notice the footbridge over Route 126; I cross that first). I was confronted with this obstacle and several others on my way. Took the street on the way home rather than negotiate it again. I was glad to get about three miles in, as I hadn't gotten out at all on Tuesday. Happily, I just got my paper outside the door and it's very calm now.

Got home and swept Suzanne's and my joint walkway, which the wind had strewn with leaves and soil. This really is no big job--took about five minutes--but Suzanne texted her thanks.

Got the water bill for the house on Sweetwater, which I send to Eileen, my tenant (they won't put her name or the Little Egg address on it, for some reason; neither will the solar panel people). I've been debating whether to raise her rent in response to the new utilities bill I now get, but won't for now.



 

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...