Friday, January 29, 2021

Rain, DK, And Not Much Else

Paper said we'd get more rain, but when I looked on-line, I saw it wasn't supposed to start until 1:00. Since I hadn't gotten out Wednesday, aside from minor jaunts to Von's, I decided to chance it. I left for Ralph's about 10:00, got what I wanted, stayed dry, and made it home a little before noon.  I skipped he bus back, so I got three miles in. 

I got an agreeably lengthy email back from Dolores K.  Wow, her background is so different from my placid, conventional, boring life. Born out of wedlock, married twice and buried both of the husband. More exotic still, she raised and showed dogs and has more than 70 championship AKC titles! Oh, good grief, I'm afraid to reveal I'm the only one in the state of California who doesn't dote on dogs. 

I hadn't known what to expect--a sweet little old lady who knits, maybe? That would have been all right, but clearly, she's more than that (well, Mimi, everybody is). And damn, that girl can write. She elaborated on her life history in good, honest prose. Just like my Uncle Frank, she doesn't W*R*I*T*E, she just puts down the words. Oddly, though, she regularly uses an erroneous past tense.  

I was a bit annoyed to get a call from Lolly about the rain expected this morning. She asked if we can meet at the covered parking lot at the mall. Damn, that's inconvenient, although Cheryl will pick me up. I agreed, but I don't know why we can't either just skip it or--. Well, just skip it.

We did, indeed, get rain later in the day, so I just busied myself with whatever it was--such important stuff, I don't even remember it. 




 

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...