Monday, January 04, 2021

Betty, Angst, and Oxnard

 I went back and forth with Betty on the phone several times. I quizzed her with the kindergarten-level questions I had found (i.e., "What color is grass?") and she enjoyed that, but she continues to be generally agitated.* 

It got me down and I had to get out after all that angst, so took the 21 bus to Oxnard after lunch. I had the vague idea I'd stop in to see Greg, but the bus didn't go where I thought it would. To make a long s.s., I got lost for about and hour, but saw a Wal-Mart, stopped in for mixed nuts, and eventually found my way to a bus going to the transit center. From there, I got the 6 back to Ventura. I wasn't worried--it wasn't as if I was in a blizzard in Montana--and actually, it was kind of fun.

Betty called again while I was on the bus, but it's noisy and I said I'd call her back when I got home. I did and we talked a bit. She wanted to show me her outfit, but once again, she didn't know how to turn the camera on her iPad on. Later, she called from Carolyn's, and we talked a bit more.

Watched the next portion of Seabiscuit, a good, not great movie, and requested the book, which I've read before, at the library. Magic, I was emailed, is in today, and I requested to pick it up at the Main Street library, so I'll go into town for it.

* A lot more of yesterday concern Betty, but it occurred to me that some of this information should not be included here, so this is the truncated version. If any reader has an interest in the full one, please email me.


No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...