Thursday, January 28, 2021

Headlines, Rain, And D.K.

Some funny headlines I saw on Facebook--the one on bugs got to me, in particular.

The big news here is that--IT RAINED! Yes, and it was a real rain; okay, not heavy, but steady. 
I took my umbrella and wore my boots to go across to Von's for lettuce. And finally, at long last, I sorted and filed paperwork. I have a bad habit of putting things off and now I have a lot of places to call for clarification and other various purposes. What a bore.

What wasn't a bore is this, that my Florida niece, Jeanne, shared on Facebook: 
I had never seen that before--and never knew my great-grandmother's name was Susan Werther. 
Aside from the above, it was a pretty slow day. I did don my boots again and went over to Von's again for a few items. Dreary, and I hope it will be sunny tomorrow.

But this could turn out to be interesting: I'm on a Facebook page about America in the 1940s and so is a woman named Dolores K. I mentioned in a comment that I was probably the oldest one on and she challenged me. We exchanged ages on Messenger and wow--she's nine years older than I am. Yes, born in 1927, but is very active, still drives, and so on. I said I'd like to get to know her and suggested we exchange email address, which we did. She mentioned a daughter and said she "started a folder" called "My Life Stories," in which she does a copy and paste; she said she has about 186 "little stories" on it. Hmm... I'd like to see them and see more about her. I sent her an mail with just the bare bones outline of my life. Mentioned this blog, but didn't give her the name or address--I didn't want to overwhelm her with information. We'll see what might come of this.






 

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...