Friday, January 15, 2021

Chores And Comments

Wonders will never cease: I actually got some needed chores done yesterday. Put in a regular wash and while they were in the dryer, I cut, de-seeded, and partially cooked an acorn squash. I then trimmed, chopped, and assembled the roasted tomatoes and onions I always put in my lunch salad. While they were in the oven, I transferred a few more pages of information from my old address book to the new. I do have most of the phone numbers I call most often on my phone and I guess I could put addresses on the Internet, too, but I'm just enough of a Neanderthal not to totally trust that method.  While I was reading the old address book, I noted how many people have died since they were added and how many are no longer friends. Depressing, especially the former. 

After lunch, at loose ends, I bused to Oxnard. I considered stopping at The Collection to say hello to Greg, but didn't. Instead, I got off at a ginormous shopping center and strolled through T.J. Max, Nordstrom North, and The Home Depot. I bought nothing and that's good--I neither need nor want a thing at this point, except what I'm going to order from Amazon with my gift card from Mike.

Bused back to Ventura and stayed on until the transit center/mall in order, mostly just to use up time. (Boy, is that depressing.) However, it was wonderfully sunny and warm--eighty, in fact--and that helped to raise my spirits a bit. I also walked to Target, which is there, and got blueberries.

I had jackfruit for dinner, incredibly enough. It looks and tastes like pulled pork and I'll bet in a sandwich, you wouldn't know the difference. I put some barbeque sauce on it and it was pretty good, but I want to try it in a recipe, instead of by itself. Also had peas and acorn squash.

Note: I'm still trying to find out how to have notification about comments emailed to me. Since the powers-that-be changed the format, I don't get them anymore. I like to respond, when appropriate, to comments, but don't want to have to re-read my entries all the time. The other day, my son in Tokyo commented and I stumbled on it only by accident; I responded to him via email.  

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...