Friday, January 01, 2021

January 1, 2021

Got up early again, darn it (5:30), got my coffee and settled in to look over my mail, publish my blog, call up Facebook, and so on...BUT, as the world now knows, I still had no Internet. Before breakfast, I emailed my pal, Pat, on my phone to tell her the horrendous news. 

However, later, I got some good news, too: Suzanne called to tell me she had received a lease offer. That's what I want, too, so I called Bianca at the office and left a message. However, I still haven't heard back from her and I'll call again Monday.

I was touched that my boy, Mike, texted me Happy New York, just a few seconds after 8:00 am, my time. It was just after midnight in Singapore, so it was a new year for him.

Walked to Wal-Mart because I wanted to use my new Discover card there; there seems to be some kind of extra "reward" payoff in December. Got diet 7Up, which I haven't been able to find in ages, plus  veggies and tangerines.

Lunched, then put some brown beans in the smaller slow cooker, along with what I call "veggie juice." I save and freeze the liquid from cooking vegetables, since a lot of nutrients are in it. It also makes a flavorful stew or soup. Left for town after, and called Nancy from the transit center. We had been talking about having a Zoom session for some time, but before, my reception was poor and we never got to it. Now we plan to do that tomorrow, Saturday, at 5:00. 

More good Zoom news: Pal Pat called me while I pursuing the DVDs at Good Will. We decided we'd Zoom today at about four and that will be help to make it a fun first day of the year, I know.

Got home about 5:30 and got a message from Mike saying he would call me at midnight--kidding, of course. However, he did Facetime me (then we switched to Messenger) at 7:00 and it was wonderful to see him. 

 Note to myself: I received tax return forms from my t.a., Michelle Taylor, printed them and "filed" under "Important" in my email.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...