Saturday, January 23, 2021

T.O.P.S. And The Smoke Alarm

After being awake half the night, I dragged myself groggily to the middle for T.O.P.S. Told my diehard fellow TOPS-ers about my fire alarm problem and said I wouldn't stay to chat. Now here's the annoying thing: weighed myself at home at 127 even, a tiny gain of .04. I forgot to record the official T.O.P.S. scale weigh and called keeper-of-the-weight-book, Cheryl later, I turns out she had 127.5 for me, which made for a loss of .04. We laughed over that and agreed that I'm compulsive.  (Well, so what, I have nothing else to do.)

Had breakfast, then lay down, but couldn't sleep. I got up and honestly don't remember what else I did, aside from playing some games on this diabolical machine. After lunch, though, I napped for about an hour. I felt better when I got up.

I thought I'd bus to town or somewhere, but when I went out, it was downright chilly and I changed my mind; just took a short walk. Rain is predicted for today, but I'll believe it when I see it. 

I had tilapia for dinner and cooked it in a frying pan with a bit of oil. Shortly after, the damn smoke alarm starting beeping again. I called maintenance--this was about 6:30--and Troy came over and replaced it. Got to bed a little late (10 pm) and happily, slept through to 6:00 this morning.


No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...