Friday, January 08, 2021

Thursday

Called Betty after breakfast and I was relieved to hear she felt better. than she had. We talked a bit, then I left her to open her Friendship Center Zoom program.

Walked to the Market for veggies and paper towels, so three. When I got home, I was taken aback to see I already had three rolls. That's the kind of thing that makes me cringe, not because of the paper towels per se, of course, but what it could signify. Then I decided to quit with the gloom and doom--I forgot I already had towels, so what?

Had lunch, then called Carolyn B., with whom Nancy and I used to meet for Happy Hour. Carolyn is only in her fifties, but has some problems I won't enumerate. Anyway, we had a good talk--she doesn't goes out and she no longer has a license--and I asked if she'd like to join Nancy and me on Tuesday for virtual Happy Hour. She said she didn't think she could do it, so I suggested I set up a practice one for this afternoon and send her the link. She was pleased about that. 

And--happy day--Bianca called in the afternoon!  She apologized for not yet sending the lease, but said she would shortly and wanted to give me my pin. YAY! However, I won't celebrate until I have it signed, sealed, and delivered--that is, when it's official that I won't be getting a rent increase for thirteen months.

I intended to bus into town after, but after walking to the stop, just changed my mind. I had some things to do at home--houseworky stuff, so just took a short walk and came back.

Suzanne just now (6:20 am) texted me, asking that I save my newspapers from the weekend because she wants to bring them to a friend in the hospital. Sure, I will, but I remember when newspapers would deliver newspapers to hospital patients gratis. Of course, that was in the literate part of the country. 😁 




No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...