Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Clothes, Carolyn, And Connie

 

This is the way we wash our clothes
Wash our clothes
Wash our clothes
This is the way we wash our clothes
So early Monday morning

And yes, that's what I've been doing on Monday mornings--the bedclothes and white wash, anyway, which I did yesterday. Now the nursery rhyme has me ironing on Tuesday morning, but hey--fat chance.  

After breakfast, I called Betty, who had asked me to when she called me at 9:40 Sunday night. Luckily, I wasn't asleep yet, but I was in bed with the light out, about to nod off. However, yesterday, she was occupied with one of her games on Zoom, so we didn't talk long. Called Nancy to tell her Carolyn B. would join us at 5:00 today for virtual Happy Hour. Called Yandoo Communications about the increase and Office Max about my email address.

Lunched, then actually took a nap of about an hour, unusual for me, but I was bereft of sleep; I felt good when I got up. Took my little cart to Smart 'n' Final for veggies. I was surprised and pleased to see they have vegan items in the refrigerated section. Decided to try some and I got non-dairy cheese, vegetarian hot dogs, and jack fruit. Jack fruit? Yes, I understand that when it's shredded and cooked, it tastes like pork. I'm intrigued, so will try it.

Had lunch, the walked to the Hill Street branch of the library to pick up Seabiscuit. I was told that Enlightenment Now, which my nephew, Patrick, had recommended, was in at the main library in town, so I'll go there tomorrow. I'm intrigued, especially since, in my experience, physicians aren't usually weighty thinkers, nor do they read books like this: 

Made up a good vegan mean (black beans, squash, and Brussel sprouts, then sat down at this laptop. About 7:20, I remembered the Dudley House virtual meeting was on Zoom, so I went into that. It was okay--only ten people "present"--then I watch Connie Korenstein do a virtual tour of the house as Carrie Dudley.  She is really, really good.

Settled down after to watch the rest of Black Swan. If there is another movie as depressing, I never heard of it. However, it did have a kind of hold over me, so I watched to the end. 





    

No comments:

Monday

Set off for the mall and Target at 10:30. I got some staples (plant milk, blueberries, grapefruit, etc.), but decided to hold off buying the...