Wednesday, January 20, 2021

The Whirling Wind

Changed sheets, remade bed, did white wash and planned to stroll to the little lending library in the park after I was finished. I didn't because I was afraid--literally--to go because the wind was so strong. Also, there are large trees on the property here, some a few feet from my patio. I was uneasy on that score, too, speculating that they could be uprooted and crash into my place. 

So I did another wash, took an afternoon shower, and fooled around on the laptop. For a half-hour or so, I transferred information from my old address book to the new, a tedious chore I've been putting off.

After lunch, I decided I'd at least walk over to the next block to Von's. Started out and I hadn't gone more than halfway down the path when I turned around and went home. The wind was just unbelievably fierce and, considering there are palm trees on the campus, I was afraid I'd be hit with a bough or something. Geez, I never thought I'd be worried about weather once I moved to California; it's not as if I'd be caught in a blizzard or something, but this was wind like nothing I've ever experienced before. Luckily, it's supposed to be somewhat calmer today.

Nancy, Carolyn, and I settled into our Zoom Happy Hour at 5:00, as I'd scheduled. (I set up a recurring meeting for every Tuesday.) I don't know why I was such a grouch about it last week--just in a mood, I guess, but yesterday, we had a great time. Nancy had her champagne, Carolyn her bloody Mary, and I the Blue Moon Suzanne had given me. I had intended to have only one, but damn, we chatted for almost two hours, until ten of 7:00, and I popped the second one--why not? Anyway, we had a fine time together and I'm looking forward to next week, also. 

I fervently hope the wind dies down today; for my physical and mental health, I need to get out. I have a lot I want to do, including looking for an air fryer--more on that tomorrow. 

 

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...