Thursday, December 31, 2020

Wednesday and Yandoo

Did a quick color wash, then ran over to Von's for lettuce, lunchmeat, and--on impulse--some of those "wraps." I made up two, added small containers of pretzels and grapes, and packed up.

Jim came at 1:00 and we sat out with our lunches. Boy, it was chilly, but we enjoyed our far-ranging talk, as usual.

After he left, I walked down Telegraph for a bit more than a mile (it felt good), then took the bus to the transit center. Walked from there to The Market (an additional mile and a half or so) and picked up some blueberries. Bused home and by tht time, it was almost 5:00. Tried to start my blog and was horrified to find there was no Internet. I was convinced it was my fault because I had called them to clear my Zoom picture the other day. (Having been bought up old-time, R.C., guilt is my middle name). However, I called Yandoo and was told it was out at So-Fi Apartments and "we are working hard to restore...blah, blah, blah," the usual self-serving crapola.

Suzanne called to ask about it, as her television was off, and I told her the news. Had dinner and just hung out a bit until 8:00, when I watch an hour of a DVD movie. This one is Sleepless In Seattle (I'm on a Tom Hanks kick) and it's sweet and all that, but geez, it 27 years old, so somewhat dated.

Went to bed and the Yandoo saga continued through the night. I hope the ordeal is over!

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...