Sunday, December 13, 2020

Activities, Lorenz, and George

Worked on my little Christmas project--personalized cards--which I may or may not expand. It's a lot of work, not to compose them, but to cut and paste--that is, literally cut and paste, since I'm not at all adept.

I did, however, get Singapore son and family done, as well as one for  my brother, Jim, the 94-year-old current resident of Bangkok. I still have more to do, which I'll try to accomplish today. I also have bought cards to fill out and send. In addition, I want to go to Michael's and possibly Barnes & Noble to fill in some things.

Went to the P.O. to mail the above, then took my cart to the market. I finally have a good supply of veggies and other items that are staples for me. Got my three miles in, too. 

I had posted on Facebook pictures of my great-grandfather, Lorenz (Lawrence) Figenshu (originally Fiegenshuh), when he came as a mercenary to fight in the war between the states The second is the colorized and gussied-up my cousin had done--Hollywood's version, it seems to me. 


Two of my nephews would like copies, plus other info. When I'll ever get around to that, I don't know. Here's one of my grandfather, Lorenz'es son, George, at his barber shop in Philadelphia. He's on the left and see the post? It must be hereditary!  



No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...