Thursday, October 15, 2020

Wednesday

 The lord and lady of the manor were on the courts early so, I tidied up, then left for the supermarket, Albertson's. This entailed first, following the footpath around the golf course to the post office; going from there to a main road to cross; then to Albertson's. When I was almost there, I noticed a little green "bus" (more like the Access van in Ventura) letting a few people off nearby.  I asked at various stores to see if I could get a schedule, but with no luck.

It just happens that there's an administrative branch of the University of New Mexico there, so (always feeling at home in colleges), I stopped in. I told a very pleasant young woman named Monica what I was looking for. She didn't have one, but was kind enough to contact the bus company, get a schedule, and print it out for me. I waited about twenty minutes, saw the bus, and asked the driver about getting back to the post office. Unfortunately, he was going in the wrong direction.  The upshot was, I walked home, so totaled about four miles round trip.

Lunched, then hostess and I went to Wal-Mart and the Dollar Tree for this and that. Annoyingly, when I went to the former to pick up my medication, I was told I couldn't get it until the 19th. When we got home, I called Blue Shield, they called Wal-Mart, and it was straightened out.

Suzanne texted me a picture of what's surely my invitation to my niece's wedding in Jacksonville and I called to tell her I had reconnected with the post office "you've got mail" service, so she didn't have to do that.

After dinner, pursued our various pursuit until I was called to the deck at dusk to witness elk in the back who had again come to visit. The bulls (they aren't called bucks) run about 900 pounds, I was told, and boy, I can believe it; their lady pals are pretty un-svelte, too.  


No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...