Thursday, October 22, 2020

Thursday

The other two went out at 9:00 for pickleball while I spent a few hours on the phone with American Airlines, the Airporter, and Suzanne, trying to see if I could use my credit to fly back to Ventura. I can, and my hostess and I are looking for flights. 

After lunch, the three of us drove all the way to Carrizozo, a sixty-mile round trip, so my host and hostess could early-vote. Yes, there are polling places in Ruidoso, but they tend to have long lines and besides, this is a pleasant trip through lovely rolling hills. 

As we pulled in at home, Betty called with yet another long list of complaints about her caregivers/companions/maids. It was hard to follow and I think has little basis in fact.

Back home, the distaff side (an old expression) went to another round of pickleball play, this time at White Mountain, which is within walking distance, while *HE* went out once again scouting for possible deer hunt areas. *I* stayed home for this and that until 4:00, when I walked to the courts to watch the regulars--my hostess, Gloria, Shirley, Jen, and Brenda--play. We walked home the long way, so I got in about two miles.

After dinner, since we were deprived of our usual two episodes of Better Call Saul (host doesn't have the last season), we went our separate ways: hostess to the gym, host and I to our respective Internet setups. Tomorrow, Santa Fe--yay!   

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...