Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Hiking The Beautiful Country

Plenty more good walking yesterday. We took my note to Fred to the P.O. (2 miles) in the morning, then after lunch, drove to Grindstone Lake, where there are some good trails. We went about three there, all around the shining lake, then went to Wingfield Park for a little jaunt of about a mile. 

My hostess went to play pickleball while I was on the phone with Blue Shield for about an hour. I hadn't brought enough of my medication--Ramipril and Atorvastatin--so had to jump through hoops to have a "vacation override" approved. I was told this was a "once in a lifetime" approval. Oh, good grief, this bureaucrat crap is odious.

That settled, I took off for the court at White Mountain and was able to watch my hostess and five others play. It was great fun and this is a great group. Didn't get home until after 6:00 and we then enjoyed the yummy vegetable chicken soup made  by my hostess.

I called Suzanne just to ask if there's anything new at So-Fi. There isn't, but we had a nice chat. Texted Tony, the landscaper, to remind him I haven't yet received a bill for the bush-trimming at the house in Sunrise Bay. He called and said he had almost forgotten about it (I responded, "damn, I shouldn't have reminded you") and asked for my address here. I'll send a check today. Betty called and we talked briefly; she was her usual fuzzy-minded self, so was a little hard to follow. 

I'm not sure when I'll be going back to Ventura, but I don't have the slightest concern about it. We go to Gloria's for dinner tonight and on Friday, have plans for Las Cruses. In the meantime, we'll surely continue our hikes in this gloriously beautiful country.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...