Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Upper Canyon

We went in the morning to look for some decent walking shoes for me, but came up empty. I may wait until we get to Santa Fe on Friday; it's a larger town with more stores. At another store, I did get a kind of knitted sweater coat, rust brown and very warm. I think I'll need it in Santa Fe, as the forecast calls for cool temps and even some light snow.

After lunch, we set off for the Upper Canyon, a very hilly and woodsy area with lots of log (and pseudo log) houses, plus cabins. It also boasts the meandering Ruidoso River--more like a little stream or brook, it seems to me. It's just lovely, though, with picturesque rocks and water plants, as well as stone bridges here and there and tiny waterfalls. According to the "My Tracks" app, we went 3.9 miles and a portion was uphill, so good exercise. 

Here I am at one of the bridges: 

Home and we sat on the deck reading for 45 or so, until dinner of baked chicken and veggies was served. We ate on the deck, too, as usual, and after, spent time discussing Better Call Saul, and its prequel or sequel or whatever it is, Breaking Bad, which I've never seen and can't wait to order when I'm back in Ventura.

Speaking of---we've been talking about my trip home. This, of course, has been revised since my oral surgery won't take place in November. I'm going to see if I can use some of the fare I didn't in June. There's also the question of whether I should leave from Santa Fe or Albuquerque. I'll examine and we'll discuss all the particulars today.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...