Thursday, October 29, 2020

Thursday--that's THURSDAY...*

 We left Santa Fe at 9:30 and got back south in about two and a half hours. Drove through the beautiful scenery, seeing it even more beautiful highlighted with snow. 

Got to my hostess/companion's home, had lunch, then I went on the laptop to try to nail down a number of urgent items, such as reserving the Airporter Shuttle to take me from LAX to Four Points in Ventura. Also made a number of other necessary calls, including to my favorite daughter, Ellen,** who will pick me up at Five Points Ventura from the shuttle. She asked if I wanted to go out for dinner after and hey, the day I say no to that is the day I'll be six feet under. 

After, my hostess and I drove to the high school complex to walk a kind of loop around the playing fields. I guess it was only a mile and a bit, but boy, it was windy and cold. Stopped at the P.O. to get some mailing boxes--they're free, but regardless of weight, cost fifteen bucks and change in postage.

We had a good dinner of meatballs, rice, and peas. Since I rarely eat the former (or other red meat) and the latter are two of my favorites, it was yummy. After, we all just read our books in real time (me) or electronically (them). 

*At breakfast, hostess suggested we have G. and G. over for dinner on Friday "my last day." But this is Friday, I said, but no, it wasn't. It makes me a bit nervous to realize I had the day wrong (thinking of sibling dementia, of course), but I'm trying to chalk it up to being in an unfamiliar environment. 

**Of course, she's my favorite along with my other daughter (family joke).


No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...