Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Ruidoso, NM

We got into Ruidoso at 11:00, partially unpacked, had lunch on the deck, and various back-home-after-a-month chores were performed by my hosts. As for me, I was treated to the wonderful guest suite, so clean, neat, and perfectly arranged it was a pleasure to be there. 

Put in a much needed load of clothes to wash and while they were drying, we went out for provisions. Back, again, I folded and put away the clothes. Incredibly, my room has a lovely, antique chest of drawers, hangers n the closet, and other amenities, so I don't have to live out of the suitcase. 

I accompanied my hostess to a pickleball session with three of her friends, one of whom, Gloria, I had met in Arizona last year. She promptly invited us to dinner next week, which should be much fun. I enjoyed seeing "the girls" playing this terrific, energetic game; if I were ten years younger, I'd take it up myself.    

Home at 7:00, had a bite, showered and washed my hair, then we watched another Better Call Saul--with popcorn. I turned in and slept like a log. What a pleasure to be here!

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...