Wednesday, October 14, 2020

At G. and G.'s

 While my host and hostess were out playing pickleball, I walked to the P.O. and Dollar General, totaling about two miles. I had intended to get a gift bag for the wine to take to Gloria's, but they didn't have any. I did get stamps to replace those I had used. 

After lunch, host opened his birthday presents, which included lava rocks for the firepit on the deck. There had been glass disks in it and I think the lava rocks are more in keeping.

Hostess then went on a three and a half mile walk. I declined, as that's a bit too much for me all at one time. In the meantime, I sat on the deck and read. We prepared for our excursion to G. and G.'s, good friends of my host and hostess, only a short ride away, leaving at 4:30.

I had met husband G. in Mesa, AZ, last year and, of course, have seen wife G. at pickleball games a number of times here, as well. I'm not particularly drawn to modern décor, but their very attractive home is so subtly well done, it's just lovely. We sat at the deck for appetizers, wine, and beer, and chatted for some time. I was charmed to hear that wife G. was born in Cornwall, in the U.K., because her mother was a "war bride" and her father an American G.I. 

At one point, my hostess and wife G. went in the kitchen to rehearse the funny song they plan to sing at the upcoming "Dinking Divas" Pickleball Party, and it was hysterical. We then sat down to a yummy chicken Lombardy and mashed potato dinner. We then had the birthday cake my hostess had brought and sang the song to my host. We didn't leave until after 8:00 after a so-enjoyable dinner party.

Even though it was later than usual for our daily fix of Better Call Saul, we watched two more episodes and I didn't get to bed until--gasp!--ten-thirty. Slept soundly, as I have been doing while I've been here, I'm glad to say.


No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...