Saturday, October 10, 2020

The Elk And Dr. S.

 I spent Friday morning with the elks! I was on the back deck when I saw two strolling and munching grass outside the fence. A few more showed up, then more, and by the time they all gathering, there were at least twenty of them. Boy, are they big. Here I am at the back gate, with just a few of them:

I took a lot of pictures myself, but still, I can't seem to transfer them from my camera. I'll keep trying.

After lunch, she played and I watched--pickleball, that is. After an hour or so at the courts, I walked the path to the P.O., across Mecham Street, then headed for Albertson's. However, I deviated as I was passing "Forest Lawn," the cemetery. I love to explore graveyards and this, though very new compared to many (I didn't see any death dates before the fifties), was interesting. Again, I took plenty of pics, but can't transfer; will keep trying. 

When she got back, we went out for a few items, then had dinner on the deck. Breakfast is inside, lunch and dinner out, which is a fine arrangement, I think.  In Jersey, you'd probably have to contend with flies and yellow jackets, but here, you see only the hummingbirds while you eat and they care only for the nectar in the feeders provided by my host.

Just after we ate, Dr. S., the oral surgeon, called, and my hostess and I cleared up a lot of questions and apprehensions about the procedure. I feel ever so much better after talking to him and after deciding to pick up the Blue Shield dental insurance. It won't cover all--far from it--but will at least make a dent in it.   

This evening, we're having dinner at the country club--yay!





No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...