Friday, May 01, 2020

Out And About

Another glorious day in Paradise: warm with a breeze, sunny and clear.
Early on, I stripped the bed and washed the sheets, adding white stuff (I bleach). At the same time, used the Bona method to dust and mop the hard floor. Took bath mats and rugs to the communal laundry place to wash (I'm not sure my apartment utilities are big enough, although they probably are). Remade the bed, got the big stuff from the laundry place, and folded and put away. Everything was done by 11:00 am, when I went over to Von's for something or other.
Incredibly, before lunch, I completed two more virtual jigsaw puzzles after lunch, a third! I get into these obsessive moods when I'm all agog over some activity or other. I'm sure I'll get over it.

I just love he prize-winning biggest carrot one in the middle!
Took the footbridge to the park. On the way, I met a man on a bike and had a conversation with him. He wants to take me to lunch. I actually gave him my phone number, but I may or may not want to pursue an acquaintance.
Stopped at the little library again and picked up a bio of John Wayne. I know it's fairly new because I read it a few years ago when it was on the new shelf at the main library. I often read books again if I like them and this is well done'
On the way home, I was pleased to meet up with Diane again and we had a good talk. Boy, would I love to go out lunch with her again. Suzanne texted me, asking if I'd like to go with her to WinCo today. I'm really pretty well stocked up and I thanked her, but no.
I got my income tax return from Michele, who has been doing my taxes since I moved to California five years ago. She's very professional and sends back a packet with everything in it, plus has me sign the returns (I have to file federal, plus New Jersey and California). Do I check it over? No. I trust her explicitly and I hardly know what the hell I'm looking at, anyway. I'm getting dough back from the feds and Paradise, but not Joisey. 
Betty called me twice, both times seeming more confused than usual. She wanted to know if I live at the Ventura Townhomes, which is an independent living facility. I've told her many times I live in a regular apartment, not an age-restricted one, or with any other caveats. Sigh...
My niece-in-law, Robyn, sent me an article from the NYTimes about mile-long lines for food in Atlantic and other counties. I wrote back, "and this is just the beginning."



No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...