Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Monday

Didn't get up until 7:15, late for me.  Had breakfast, then  called Nancy and we had our usual meandering, but okay, talk. How in the world she can stay in--really in, all the time--is beyond me. She has a car, but doesn't even go out for drives. She's content, though, so that's good. Different strokes and all that.
I took the footpath to the park, bringing two books for the "Little Library." When I got there, I was dismayed to see it was damaged.  It's like a little cupboard up on a post, the door glass surrounded by wood. The door was on the ground and the glass split. I don't see how that could be an accident, but why in the world would anybody do that? I hope it gets repaired, but what vandalism!
When I got home, I finally formulated the letter to FPI Management to protest the new "utility bill." I want to look it over before I send it and I'll bring a copy over to Bianca, formerly complex manager, now "community director." Where in the hell they get these trumped-up titles, such as "administrative assistant" instead of "secretary" deserves a special place in Hell.
After lunch, I was determined not to mope around like Sunday, so I set off on the bus for town. Walked to The Promenade on a glorious day--75 degrees with a gentle breeze--but decided to head the other way instead of my usual. This was a find, as it boasted enormous fields of daisies, one of my favorite flowers.


Ventura is not laid out the way a town is supposed to be--like Absecon Island, on a grid--but streets curve around sometimes, blocks widen and narrow, which is what happened when I took the different route. I must have gone a good three miles just to get to Main Street, but finally did. While I waited for the bus, I called Betty. She seemed a lot more focused and with it than she has lately and I was pleased about that.
Home and Ellen called. We discussed plans for Mothers' Day and will firm them up shortly. I told her not to get me anything, but if she insisted, make it a pot of daisies I can plant. I finished this puzzle,  although it was difficult, for obvious reasons--lots of water and rocks:
There's only one puzzle left and it's a lulu, but I started it, anyway.
I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THE SPACING IS SO WEIRD, BUT I'M NOT GOING TO KEEP TRYING TO FIX IT! Sorry!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...