Saturday, May 02, 2020

Friday

I was a terrible slug-a-bed yesterday and didn't get up until 7:00. After breakfast, I walked to the market. On my way, I saw Michelle, who lives in another building in the complex.  I told her I was formulating a letter to management about the new "utilities" bill and she went on and on with complaints, most of which management either has a right to do legally or wasn't relevant to the conversation. Michelle is such a loose cannon, rolling all over the deck, it's tiresome talking to her. I finally got away and continued to the market. Got carrots, blueberries, bananas, and lettuce, plus rice cakes and tissues. Took a bus back.
At home, scrubbed and cut the carrots for the slow cooker, sliced the bananas and put them in the freezer, then prepared the lettuce for lunch. Knowing I'd probably have a vegan dinner, I added a hard-boiled egg to my salad besides the chicken. Before I ate, I fed my compulsion and did another:
Hopped a bus to town and walked The Promenade, then bused back. I'm pretty sure I got my five miles in--no chore, as it was another beautiful day.
Now as my faithful readers know--all one or two of them--I usually start my entries the day of, then add to them the next morning before I publish. So-o-o, last evening, I was typing merrily along, when suddenly, the screen went back and the whole laptop went dead. AAGH! What do I do? Of course, I called my electronic advisor, Ellen, and she walked me through the solution, though it took about twenty minutes. (It's too embarassing to record how I caused the problem.) No wonder she's such a great third-grade teacher; her patience with me was phenomenal.
Anyway, onward and upward to new triumphs on the Internet--HA! I went and had dinner.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...