Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Walking, Window Washing, And Well, I Can't Think Of Another "W"

I'm back in my walker mode. Walked to the market after breakfast and got spaghetti and acorn squash, plus a little fence-type thing to hold my big geranium back. I want to get another for the lavender, which is getting huge.
Jess, the window washer, did a wonderful job on the sliding glass door. It took him only about fifteen minutes and he did both sides, plus cleaned the sliding screen, which I hadn't even thought of. (Of which I hadn't even thought--now, stop it, Mimi!)
He's a very nice guy. We chatted and I learned this was his father's business ("Expert Window Cleaning"), who's now retired. Jess lives a few miles away with his 16-year-old son (nobody stays married in California). He then told me that his other teenaged son was killed last year in an accident. I was so sorry to hear that; such tragedies in the world.
After lunch, I took the footpath to the park and back, which got me a good daily total of about six miles. Talked to NM on the phone.
I met David W. at the fire pit at 4:30 and he proved to be an interesting guy. He's divorced, a retired botanist, and volunteers at the shoreline park, counting birds. I got there first and when he walked up, he was carrying a can of beer. I said, "Gee, if I had known you were bringing beer, I would have, too." He asked if I wanted one, I said yes, and he went back to his apartment and got me an IPA. We stayed there talking for a full hour, which was so enjoyable. He said he was going to send a letter to management protesting the utilities bill and also other complaints. We're both going to write about the situation in Yelp. I'll let the other neighbors know and ask if they'll do the same. Anyway, it was good to meet him and I hope to see him again.
Put a fresh Ahi tuna steak in the oven, along with mushrooms.  After, I asked Suzanne to sit out front with me to chat. We did, for about forty-five and it was so good. She said there's a Zoom tutorial on-line and I'm anxious to look it up.
After just sitting and talking with people twice in a day, I felt the full impact of not being able to do that for so long.
Here's my beautifully spotless patio door from both angles:




 

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...