Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Dud

After an enjoyable Mothers Day, the day after was a dud. I really didn't do much, aside from dig a big hole on the patio and plant the smaller of the two daisies. It looks very pretty, but the big one is going to take some doing and I think I want to shift some of the succulents around.
I called Bianca about carelessly sending my letter out, but didn't receive a call back. I hope that means she wasn't in yesterday, but dammit, she'd better respond when I call her again today.
I'm sorry to say I had some of the Chocolate Chex cereal for lunch, but I did wrap up the rest, and walk to the P.O. to send it off to New Mexico. From there, I hopped a bus to the transit center, just on impulse, but took a number 10 back from there because it was chilly and I was a little at loose ends.
Home, I just didn't feel like doing anything productive--or even non-productive.
This inactivity--or inability to go here and there as I please--is getting me down. So how did I handle that? I sat and watched an old Biography on YouTube. Which one? The Nelson Family, from Ozzie and Harriet to the present crop of entertainers. Well, not all of them, as the 90-minute show was aired in 1998, so twenty-two years ago, but still, I found it interesting. I hadn't know that Ozzie was born and brought up in Jersey and, in fact, went to Rutgers, although he left before getting a law degree.
Surprisingly, because I tend to think the worst, I sleeep soundly all night. Did get up a little early--at 5:30, but feel good now and will follow my more active routine.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...