Sunday, May 10, 2020

The Usual Doings

I made a jigsaw out of the pic I took of the lovely daisies Ellen gave me, the top one in the entry of yesterday.
Got an "auntie's mother's day" card from my  niece, Joan. Received an Amazon gift card from Mike, an excellent choice at this time. Went to Von's before lunch for romaine, which I immediately ate for lunch, along with additions.
Suzanne rang my bell and we sat out front; she made sure to pull our chair six feet apart. (That would never have entered my head.) We chatted, mostly about the Co-Vid 19 situation, but also about the new charge for utilities. I'm always surprised how easily people accept what they're told, whether it's from FPI Management or the government's lackeys, the mass media. She seems to question nothing and was surprised that I do, including the official narrative. She's never disapproving, though, and I like talking to her.
After that, I walked to the market for the large containers of tomatoes they sell. I was aghast that they didn't have any--about the first time that happened. However, I'll improvise for salad tomorrow and I'm be at Ellen's today, anyway.
Speaking of whom, she called just as I was walking in the door. I told her I had called the Access Van and they will take people only to doctor's appointments and supermarkets. I might as well just take the regular bus--well, two of them--and that's what I'll do.
Betty called after that. She wanted me to go on Facetime, but she couldn't seem to get it to ring. I said I'd call her later. I did and called her on Messenger video; I like that better anyway
Got an email from son in Tokyo to say they had sent a Mother's Day card, but just after they mailed it, Japan stopped sending mail to the U.S. That's hard to understand. He then wrote to the effect he had scanned the card and, presumably, sent it by email, but I haven't gotten that yet, either.
What I did get and was stunned to receive, was an email from a James Clayton, who said he was POA (I assume meaning power of attorney) for my neighbor here, his brother. He said he had  received by mistake the letter I had sent FPI Management with a copy to the manager here. WHAT? It turned out Bianca, the manager, had accidentally sent him that instead of an ad for a food truck. I am furious and tomorrow, I intend to see how this could have happened, dammit.
El called and we firmed up plans for today.



No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...