Thursday, May 14, 2020

Wednesday

Went to Von's for chicken and a few other things in the morning. On the way, I asked three residents if they had received my letter. No, no, and no, but I chatted with a very pleasant woman named--I love it!--"Berry." I think she's from Jamaica, as the has the lilting accent and I enjoyed talking to her.
Another neighbor, whose name is Frank, didn't receive it, either, but he was very interested and we had a good talk.
I again called manager--oops, "community director"--Bianca after breakfast. She insisted she had never gotten my message on Monday and I just don't believe her. I repeated my outrage that my personal information was sent to total strangers and demanded to know how many got it before the error was remedied. I expected maybe four or five, as I've already heard from a man and a couple, and was floored when she said, "in the fifties." Un-friggin' believable! I finally told her I might carry this farther and hung up. Talked to a woman at the bar association and asked if she knew of any attorneys with a free initial consultation; nope. Called the Legal Assistance and their phone has been disconnected. Called Tenants' Rights and got a recorded message to leave information and it may take two weeks before I'm called back.
I got an email from the Hsieh couple in response to my suggestion we meet tomorrow, but they'll be in L.A., so I'll see them on Friday afternoon. I said they could knock on my door, then we can sit outside at the barbecue area to talk.
Hopped a bus after lunch, intending to go downtown, but I had to wait for the 6 bus at the transit center, spotted the 16 to Ojai, and impulsively boarded that instead. I walked Main Street there in the business district (small shops, fancy restaurants), stopping at the Westside Market (high-end and pricey) and The Rainbow Bridge* to use the bathroom. I then walked the mile and a half or so to the far bus stop, boarded, and got about 6:00.
*I may have mentioned this before, but must repeat: I always howl--figuratively speaking--when I hear the name of this place, which is a supermarket, for Pete's sake. It's funny when you consider the definition of "rainbow bridge":
The Rainbow Bridge is a meadow where animals wait for their humans to join them, and the bridge that takes them all to Heaven, together.
Thanks a bunch, but I think I'll pass.
I'm not sure why I took this pic, but I like the old California look. It's the Ojai Museum, originally St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church, which burned in 1917. Annoyingly, the website doesn't say when the church was built.






3 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
If you or someone sends me an email or letter I can forward it to whomever I want, can't I? Not sure but I do it all the time. Maybe I shouldn't be.

Mimi said...

Pat, why would you think you shouldn't? Unless someone asks you not to pass it on or if it's obviously confidential, I don't see why not. Are you concerned about a particular email?

Mimi said...

Forgot: Of course, if you're unsure, you can always ask the sender.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...