Thursday, May 07, 2020

Chocolate Chex And Other Stuff

Un-friggin'-believable!
After doing my Wednesday white wash,* I wrapped the cereal I had bought at Target...oh, I didn't mention that before? Here's the back story:
When I was Facetiming with one of my favorite daughters the other day, she said she couldn't find Chex Chocolate cereal,* which she likes as a snack. At Target, I saw they had it, so I bought a box, intending to send it to her as kind of a joke Mothers' Day gift. Wrapped it, walked to the P.O., and found it would cost TEN DOLLARS AND NINETY CENTS, priority mail, and wouldn't get there until Monday. AAGH! How much would it be for regular mail? Ten dollars and seventy-fivc cents and, I'll bet, wouldn't get there until Christmas. We're talking New Mexico here, not New Zealand, so what gives? I just couldn't see paying the kind of money, so brought it home and I'll take it with me next month when I see her.
Ran into my neighbor, Gordon, and we had a nice talk. Got home and--guess what?--the "community director," formerly "manager," Bianca called to tell me--surprise!--that no, no, the "utilities bill" was not a a double charge because blah, blah, blah. I knew exactly what she would say and she said it--the former owners had never charged for utilities. It's my contention that they certainly must have, and it was factored into the rent. Now I'll wait and see if corporate contacts me, which I heartily doubt--then I'll get in touch with legals.
My niece, Joan, called again and we had a long talk re McHugh's essay she had sent me. She also said she had something to tell me in a few days whether good or bad. Damn, I hope that doesn't mean somebody is waiting for medical results.
Took a bus to the transit center, then the 16, which goes to Ojai. I actually considered going there, but decided against it, as I'll see Ellen--I hope--on Sunday, anyway. So I got off in town, intending to walk The Promenade, but it was so hot--up to 80--I decided against it, as there's little shade there. Instead, I walked Main, but boy, it was demoralizing. I used to go in the shops, meet friends for lunch, and enjoy the crowds. Now, of course, nothing was open, there were few cars, and almost nobody on the streets--sigh.
Got home about 5:00 and decided to make pasta, which I almost never eat. Did so and it was good, but I had a lot left, so froze some and will eat the rest tonight and tomorrow.
Maggie was not at the corner either yesterday or the day before. I hope that means she found shelter and help somewhere, but I doubt it.
*Yay--alliteration times two!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...