Saturday, May 30, 2020

Win, Lose, And Weight

Well, you win a few, you lose a few. I finally got confirmation of my $283.15 refund from AirBnB, but I was forced (from the SOB owners of So-Fi Ventura) to get a renters' insurance. That was only $131 for the years, but I resent the fact it isn't my decision. The idea that any of my possessions  here would be stolen or somehow destroyed seems very remote. Even it that happened, the things most valuable to me are irreplaceable: the family pictures, writings, and other memorabilia I cherish.
Relevant to which, I spent time continuing the transcription of my father's. I'm now on the February 4 and will keep plugging away.
Betty called to tell me the same things she told me on Thursday night. And Thursday afternoon. But I'm okay with it and when she calls, can usually extricate myself after ten or so.
Before breakfast, I walked Victoria Avenue to the market for blueberries and things. There and back is about three, so I was pleased with that. After lunch, I walked back down Victoria, then caught a bus to the Goodwill. Bought a blouse and bused back.
Oh, and the weight report: I lost 2.6 pounds, so am down to 131.4. That's not quite in my comfort zone of 125 to 130, so I'll keep at it. Wrote my T.O.P.S. email to other members and we shared stories.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Here is this retirement community we are required to have renters' insurance...I guess if we have an earthquake or fire or something horrible we can get reimbursed. I pay $116/yr. Like you I would have preferred to have a choice as to purchasing it or not. Does your renter in NJ have to have it as well?

Mimi said...

I have no idea if she does or not, but I suspect yes. The one time I was there since she moved in, she had the hours beautifully decorated with some pieces that (to my untrained eye) seemed valuable. Of course, I have homeowners' insurance, so that may cover, also.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...