Saturday, May 09, 2020

Blood And The Beautiful Beach

Darn, I experienced one of my infrequent restless nights; woke up at 12:30 and couldn't get back to sleep for what seemed an age. I had set the alarm for 6:30, my preferred wake-up time, but got up about 6:00.
Had coffee without anything in it and left for Quest about 7:30. My appointment was for 8:15, but I wasn't sure how long it would take me, so I gave it 45 minutes. Actually, I got there a good twenty minutes early, so I'm going to figure I walk a mile in a little less than a half-hour. They took me promptly, I was stuck in the arm (no good) and hand (a geyser), and got out of there quickly. Smart 'n' Final is in the same center, so I went there for blueberries and fajitas. Walked home, so got in about two and a half miles before breakfast.
After, I did a lot of food prep with my yummy produce: trimmed and cut the broccoli, did the same with the Brussels sprouts, cut and removed the seeds from the squash, and sliced the mushrooms. I then replenished my supply of ready-to-cook raw onions and peppers by chopping the former and slicing the latter, then separating them into portion sizes and freezng.
After lunch, I took off for town and walked The Promenade in perfect weather. I saw these interesting stone creations:

I walked all the way from where I got off the bus at Sanjon Street, to The Promenade, then along it for a mile or more back, so I think I totaled six or seven for the day. That area is one of my faves and the beach there is broad and beautiful. Lots of walkers, runners, and bikers clearly feel the same way and it warmed my heart to see them.
Caught the bus back, but stayed on to go to Ralph's Supermarket, where I bought grapes. Home and I prepared these items for dinner and baked them in the oven: salmon, Brussels sprouts, and mushrooms. Damn, they were good!
Ellen came over on her way from work (school--yes, she still goes in to make up work packets for her students) with my Mothers Day presents, two beautiful daisy plants--they're some of my favorite flowers:

Tomorrow, I'll be over at her place for lunch. That's the best Mothers Day present I can get.



No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...