Thursday, May 21, 2020

Better Day

Okay, I've bounced back, sassy as ever.
I was determined not to mope around like a spoiled kid and act like an adultr for a change. After breakfast, I walked to Smart 'n" Final for blueberries, so I got about 2 1/2 miles in. Did some household chores, lunched, then--I called my great-grandson.
I hadn't talked to him for some time, usually getting the Jersey news through his Nana, my daughter. It was so good to hear his voice--he sounds just like his Dad on the phone. We discussed what gift he wants for his graduation (doesn't know), what he'll major in (will be undeclared until he sees which courses he likes best), any girls on the horizon (no, because it's hard to find them when you can't go out), did he ever smoke marijuana (silence, which was a dead giveaway). We laughed over the fact that it's legal in California and I've tried it, but I probably did it wrong because I don't think I got any effect.  Anyway, it was wonderful to talk to him.
I then took my little cart and walked to Wal-Mart, then a block later, Green Thumb, getting in another two miles. Bought some geraniums and took a bus home. Dropped the cart and the plants off, then boarded a bus to the mall, where I went to Target and bought A SCALE.
Why? Because I doubt if T.O.P.S. is going to resume meetings anytime soon and I want to keep track. I know I've gained some--probably three or four pounds--and I want to nip it in the bud.
It's now 6:13 am and I'll have a virtual doctor's appointment in about two hours, a first for me. It's just routine--I'm feeling fine--but the very concept is something hard to get my head around. Brave new world? Yes, and if this is one of its basic attributes, I fear for the future.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...