Monday, May 18, 2020

Disappointment

What kind of day was it, Mimi?  Not so good.
But okay for a time: Did my usual Sunday thing, then Betty called and we chatted. I called her daughter, Carolyn, after, just to say hello and we talked for almost an hour. We discussed the possibility of me visiting Betty; I hope it can be worked out. I told Carolyn to check with Ellen because I wouldn't want to do anything to make her uncomfortable.
Then I got a call. I was told that my trip to Jersey next month for my great-grandson's high school graduation was off. It just seemed too dangerous, considering all factors. To say I was disappointed doesn't even cover it and I didn't react very well.
However, after that, I called Ellen. I had thought she was going to come over during the weekend and plant my daisy, but she hadn't really said that; she'll be here today, instead. After talking over the situation, we went into Messenger Video. We stayed on for a long time, adding silly "effects" on both our faces. El looked adorable as a space-baby, a bunny, a femme fatale, and other cutie-pies.
I felt much, much better after that. Went over to Von's to get a few things and picked up some little bottles of Chardonnay and yes, later on, while I watched my one hour of television, I had myself a glass of wine.   
I called grandson, Joel, when I got home and we had a long talk. I was glad to hear that the grad, Joel Junior, wasn't particularly interested in the graduation, but was looking forward to his college career. His Dad said they go out bike-riding every evening. He said Jamie, his partner, was getting to be a wonderful cook--hey, that's all to the good.
So I feel somewhat better. I've been invited to New Mexico in July and hope to go. My brother, Jim, called to ask if I wanted some family memorabilia and yes, I do.
So okay--I hope I can get my air fare and airbnb deposit back now.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...