Friday, May 29, 2020

Santa Barbara

Spent the day in Santa Barbara and we had a pretty good time.
It is kind of tiring: I leave my place at 9:00 and didn't get back until after 5:00. It entails six buses--three there, three back.
I stopped at Whole Foods and got sandwiches and--for me--a six-bottle pack of Corona. I just like the irony of the  name, but I also like the beer. I had one with lunch, than left the rest. Carolyn or anyone else can have it and/or I will the next time I go.
After we ate, we played Sorry!, then Chutes and Ladders, children's games, but I was playing with a child. We talked and laughed, too, but the paranoia came up (the woman who comes in to clean has been taking things) and the memory losses (too many to mention). I went with Betty to get her mail, then she walked me just a short way up to State Street where I get the bus. We hugged goodbye (the hell with the virus) and off I went.
Called Carolyn while I was waiting to tell her what an enjoyable time we had. However, when I was on the Ventura to SB bus, Betty called to ask if I had her ring. No, Betty, you took it off to put on the latex gloves that you said were mandatory when you pick up the mail. I saw her put it on the table, but where it got to after I left, I don't know.
Riding home, I got a text from Carolyn with a picture of a postcard I had written to Betty when we were 18 years ols. Wish I could post it here, but I don't remember how.
Betty called yet again at 8:45 to ask if I had her ring. I hope she doesn't start thinking I, not her cleaner, Dory, took her things. She then read me some things from a kind of diary she wrote in fifteen or twenty years ago. Nothing notable, though. 
Note: Finally, at long last, I got a full refund from AirBnB for my aborted trip to Jersey.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...