Monday, May 11, 2020

My Mothers Day

Had a great Mothers Day with El.  As planned, I got to her place in Ojai about noon, and sat and chatted while she made a pasta lunch in the Instapot, plus asparagus, and a cold Blue Moon. We ate in her beautiful backyard, where she has planted lots of vegetables, including tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and broccoli, as well as chives, oregano, parsley, and other goodies. Since she's hired a gardener, her place looks fabulous:

In the second photo, note the rectangular containers next to the porch. They have a hose pipe on the side where you water them. It takes only a short time, because the water doesn't get dissipated away from the plants or into the ground. The important thing is that they foil the gophers who colonize around here and will eat what they like from the bottom up.
I had requested ice cream for dessert (a special treat for me, which I haven't tasted for several months) and she served up rocky road--yum!
I opened my present from my older daughter and we then facetimed her and had a good chat. She was putting makeup on and continued while we talked. After, El and I stayed outside chatting, then I suggested Margaritas and we sipped them (but very small ones).
I stayed until after 4:00; with many thanks to dear El, then walked to the bus stop. I had to wait about a half hour, caught 5:23 back to Ventura, and the next one, and walked in my door when it was almost 7:00.
I had no sooner gotten in when Mike video called--first on the phone, but mine didn't seem to work right, so we went to Skype on the laptop. Had a wonderful talk with him, Paula, Vivian, and Violet over in Singapore and what a pleasure. So, it was a very enjoyable Mother's Day.
Except that earlier: Late on Saturday, I received an email message to the effect that the sender agreed with my letter to management that the utilities bill was a double charge. WHAT? This was from a complete stranger, who signed himself POA (I assume that means power of attorney) for someone in an apartment near me. When I furiously asked how he got it, he sent me Bianca's casual apology that it was just an accident. Now this man, whoever he is, has my apartment and email address, and my phone number. I'll be in touch with Bianca shortly, you can be sure.
On a happier note, here are El and me yesterday:


2 comments:

iloveac said...

I like the lighter color of your hair RBM.

Mimi said...

Ha! I didn't do it on purpose, Pat, but I'm out in the sun a lot and that lightens it. As for the REALLY light part, I have about three inches of white that came though, since I can't go to the hairdresser. No, I'm not going to do it myself, though. I'll just live with it.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...