Sunday, May 24, 2020

Two Kitties And Town

It was a pretty good day, although the Sunday crossword was annoyingly obtuse.
After breakfast, I took my little cart and walked to Smart 'n' Final for blueberries. On the way, Ellen called and reported my two newly-acquired grandkitties. They're very shy and hide under the bed, but I'm sure will acclimate soon. Later, she posted a video on Facebook and they're the cutest little things. Can't wait to be able to play with them.
Home, a new virtual jigsaw puzzle, lunch, then I hopped a bus to town.
Wow! The streets were thronged with people enjoying the gorgeous day and the just-opened restaurants, which were jammed. The instructions on re-opening seemed to be fluid; I think there's something about only 25% of capacity being permitted and so on, but many seemed full. Hey, no prob on my end--I just want to go out to lunch.
Speaking of--I emailed my lunch buddies Nancy and Carolyn to that effect. Carolyn replied "Sorry, I'm still home and I'm broke." To be honest, I've just about had it with her. I know she has serious emotional problems and I'm sorry, but I've reached out to her over and over and I don't think I will anymore. She's the same age as my older daughter, but her two grown children are parasites, which is probably why she's broke.
Nancy wrote back that her son "won't let her" go out for another month.  That doesn't surprise me and I understand his concern, but I can't imagine being quite that docile. Anyway, the hell with it; maybe I'll go by myself.
El had mentioned that Goodwill stores were open and I went to the one in town. Had to wait a good 20 minutes outside, as they let only a certain number of people in at a time. I bought two pretty cups and two DVDs: Great Performances (in movies), and Scarface (don't ask).
It was such fun to be back in town, although the helicopter circling--and circling and circling--overhead was disconcerting. I think we've handed over our privacy forever and ever now and once gone, it will never be back.
Home about 5:00. After dinner I got a number of Facebook messages from Linda, my cousin Kevin's wife. I never knew her, but somehow, we connected on-line. We wrote back and forth and I said I'd call her this morning. I completely forgot they live in California, so said I'd call her a 11:30, her time. Hey, that's my time, too! She must have been puzzled, but I'll wait until 11:30 to call.
Called my brother, Jim, to thank him for the clipping about my father's fatal accident. I'm afraid he's really getting slow on the uptake. However, he's still planning on their move to Bangkok in August

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...