Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Wednesday

I finally got back on the footpath over the 126 and walked to Kimball Park, then part way around it. I was pleased to meet up with Diane and we chatted for twenty minutes or so. She said her husband had had to go to the emergency room Tuesday night (kidney stones), but is improving; he wasn't admitted. She wasn't allowed to go in with him, but could only talk to him over their phones.
While we were talking, Gail rode past on her bike. I'm not sure if she's annoyed with me or not, since I had decided against walking that path with her. Actually, I prefer to go alone, as I don't have to be stuck to a schedule--I can just go when I want to. I'll call her today.
Sat down on a bench and called Cheryl, from T.O.P.S. and enjoyed  our chat. Walked home and after lunch, called Nancy to see if she wanted to do the Happy Hour Video. Hmm...I tried to set up the Facebook one as a test, but she said she didn't want to do it then, as she looked terrible. In fact, she was very half-hearted about the video, but liked the idea of the virtual happy hour thing via phone. I said I'd call her at 3:30, which I did, it doesn't seem the same to me. She had poured her wine, but I just drank soda. I told Nancy I'd just as soon go back to calling each other now and then. We did, however, have a good talk, so maybe I'll change my mind--not sure.
After, I prepared Brussels sprouts to roast, trimming, then tossing them with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Put them in a 400 degree oven and just stirred them a few times. They were good, but I probably had them in a little too long, about a half hour.
In the meantime, Ellen called. I was so glad to hear from her and catch up on her new teaching mode. She said the day had gone well, but doing it this way is a lot of work and has plenty of pitfalls. One of them is that many kids have only one computer at home. If they have three or four siblings, some kind of schedule has to be developed because, presumably, they'd be in different grades. Spring Break was scheduled for next week and yes, they will break. Maybe the kids, but certainly the teachers need it.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...