Thursday, April 23, 2020

So-So

Yesterday I got up a little groggy, as I had endured one of my periodic bouts of insomnia. It was the usual: fell asleep with no problem, but woke up at midnight, and couldn't get back for more than an hour. I actually got up and played a few games on the laptop--very foolish.  (Happily, last night I slept like a stone, as the Brits say, and didn't get up until 7:00.)
Did a load of wash in the morning, plus various other chores. Went to Von's for lettuce, Brussels sprouts, and tangerines from Ojai.
I again called the sons of itches (see what I did there--ha, ha!) at Housing Rights. Of course, they're aren't actually in, so I had to leave a message. When they called back, the phone was in the other room or something--anyway, I didn't  hear it, so somebody left a message. This was after 5:00,so I asked them to call again. What a drag.
I was pleased to get a call from my brother, Larry, and we had a good talk. His Helen now does little  but sleep and sit; Larry has several aides coming in daily. Larry's call prompted me to call my brother, Frank. He seemed cheerful enough--I think he was at the same kind of "Friendship Center" Betty goes to in Santa Barbara; I'm surprised they were open. I got a kick out of Frank telling me there were a lot of "pretty women" there. Well, damn, if he still notices pretty women, he's not gone yet.
Walked the footpath to the park, then part way around it. I probably got in only about four, not five, but that's okay. I was disappointed that the masks I bought from Robyn haven't come yet--she texted that she mailed them, but the mail's been very slow, of course.
Had yet another vegan dinner, adding black beans for protein and that was my so-so day.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...